Miso Orange Glazed Chicken
- 5 lrg carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 lrg leeks, white and light green parts halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 in thick
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme, divided
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed, approx. 2 lb
- 3 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 and mist large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray
- Combine carrots and leeks in lrg bowl. Add half of each of the following : oil, ginger, thyme, pepper and salt. Toss to coat. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer. To same bowl add chicken and remaining half of oil, ginger, thyme, pepper and salt. Mix and place chicken over vegetables. Roast on center rack for 20 mins. Turn chicken and gently stir vegetables. Continue roasting until juices run clear and temp reaches 165 in thickest part of chicken, 10-15 mins more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine orange juice, miso, honey, and sriracha. Pour over cooked chicken and vegetables and gently stir. Divide among plates and sprinkle with tarragon.
- If you substitute boneless chicken it cooks quite a bit faster.